Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wacky Wikis

This week in class the biggest project I tackled was creating my own wiki. Once I got over the shock that Wikipedia wasn't the only "wiki" in the world, I went to wikispaces.com and logged into my account. I had a lot of issues at first trying to edit and create the wiki. It kept popping up with some weird "fast browser search" screen every time I clicked on a link. --->

I switched over to Safari and opened the page and the problem seemed to have cleared completely. (I use a Mac, not sure if it would be different for a PC.)

For my wiki I wanted to make a resource for parents and teachers, and almost at random chose Halloween for the subject. My goal is to expand it and include different ideas, games, events, costume ideas, and anything else people can share. 

If you're interested just check out www.howloween.wikispaces.com, and please feel free to add any relevant material you like!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment